AMAZING PUPPY FUN FACTS AND TRIVIA | I Love Science

AMAZING PUPPY FUN FACTS AND TRIVIA

Learn How to Raise a Puppy to Become a Loving Dog

Aren’t puppies just the cutest thing ever?
How can your heart not melt when you look at this beautiful tiny ball of fluffiness??


Don’t you just want to take him home, right NOW?
If you’re the type of person that stops walking each time you spot a puppy, you’ve come to the right place.

This slideshow is full of fun puppy facts and trivia that will:

  • Warm your heart
  • Make you smile, and
  • Teach you a little something about what it takes to raise a puppy with love and care.

Moreover, this slideshow contains lots of beautiful color photos of the cutest
puppies you’ve ever seen!

1. A puppy is born blind, deaf, and toothless. The eyes of a puppy are closed when they are born, and it takes about 1–2 weeks before they open. Touch is the first sense a puppy experiences. So be very gentle when you pick them up!

2. In the U.S. alone, more than 5 million puppies are born every year.

3. When a puppy is first born, it spends 90% of its life sleeping. And the other 10%? Eating! Not a bad life, huh? In these first weeks, they need a lot of rest so their body can develop and grow. After a few weeks, their sleep hours reduce to around 14 hours per day. This is actually quite similar to a human newborn.

4. When puppies have become fully grown dogs, they need less sleep. On average, a dog sleeps about 10 hours per day.

5. When is a puppy no longer a puppy? A puppy is considered an adult when it reaches the age of one. At what age your puppy reaches maturity depends on its size and breed. Generally speaking, the smaller the breed, the sooner the puppy reaches maturity. For example, a Chihuahua puppy is considered a full-grown dog at about 10 months old. A German shepherd, however, takes about 15 months to fully mature.

Open Next Page Below To See More


Leave a Comment

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!