6. In the English language, the word ‘puppy’ exclusively refers to dogs, whereas the word ‘pup’ is used for other mammals, such as giraffes or seals.
7. Depending on the breed, some puppies can weigh 1-3 lb, while larger puppies can weigh up to 15-23 lb.
8. Like human babies, Chihuahuas are born with a soft spot in their skull. This is called the molera, and it closes up as the puppy grows.
9. When a puppy turns one year old, it is as physically mature as a 15-year-old human being.
10. It takes 4 weeks for a puppy to fully develop the ability to hear.
11. And it takes even longer, 6 weeks on average, until they develop full vision. Once a puppy’s senses have fully developed, it can – finally! – start exploring the world in earnest.
Open Next Page Below To See More